1/09/2009

My moderu

Aside from May's delightful holiday adventures (poo poo) I've been casting it up with Mitsu-san in cosmo-van. Yesterday was pretty much the same as the day before, except a nice late start allowed me to go for a run around town. We've come to the unanimous conclusion that there is no possible way we can comprehend how far Osaka central reaches. We're smack bang in a big big city and every direction you take seems to lead to some other massive shopping district, ridiculous numbers of restaurants and hostess bars.

Anywho, today gave me a bit more of a taste of the Japanese working lifestyle. Meeting Mitsu-san and models in Nakatsu station at 8.30am, we drove to Kyoto (about an hour). Everyone got my hopes up about how it is such a beautiful city, and I guess it was. Maybe not much as I'd expected though. The buildings are a bit more authentic, and there are some massive temples. I also had a brief gander at the Emperor's house from when Kyoto was Japan's capital, although he just stays there occasionally now.

The majority of the castings in Kyoto were bridal, and they like their brides fresh and blushing. One hint of maturity and you're a bridal no hoper. I managed to score 2 out of 3 in terms of client interest. That means stepping into a giant cupcake and being hooked and tied into place for a good five minutes. I would enjoy this job even more if I were still four years old and obsessed with Lady Lovely Locks. The dresses are every little girl's dream. A swoon-inducing mixture of princess barbie and disney costumes, covered in ribbons, lace and beads and in every imaginable colour. There is absolutely nothing left unsaid in terms of wedding couture here.

After a decent 11hr work day (7 castings in 2 major cities, whinge whinge whinge) I managed to get home by 8pm. Being the trooper I am, I attempted cooking hotpot for me and May's dinner and we set out on a walk to look at Ame-Mura and Shinsaibashi.


(my nabe)

First off we stopped at a little bar the size of a kitchen underneath our apartment which always looks sooooo cosy and is run by a mega dude with a pony tail playing reggae all night and smoking. Via stunted communication lines we found him to be a super awesome and chilled, and decided to take up a position as regulars. He also gave us some advice on live music events around town.

Walking into Shinsaibashi, we found it to be harder to penetrate the party scene than we expected. People were all going somewhere, we just couldn't figure out their destinations. Perhaps Saturday is more of a big deal than Friday, people work pretty long hours here. So we just wandered around for a bit, soaking in the wikedness and a bit of Mister Donut on the way home.

I'm looking forward to the weekend though, there is a festival of success in business -toku ebisu- and a holiday on Monday (although I have a test shoot, apparently they don't go very long), so I'm going to get some recyoru shopu done in ame-mura for super cheap fun. My posing still sucks big time, and I think I need to cute myself up for the market here, which will surely result in fun ribbons and bows :)

konbanwa y'all xo zo

没有评论:

博客归档