1/07/2009

WGA Predictions

Okay the WGA Nominations,were announced today. I haven't seen them yet,so before I look at them I'm going to give my predictions:

Best Original Screenplay
Woody Allen-Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Dustin Lance Black-Milk
Jenny Lumet-Rachel Getting Married
Thomas McCarthy-The Visitor
Andrew Stanton-Wall-E

alts.Burn After Reading,Synecdoche New York,The Wrestler,Happy-Go-Lucky,In Bruges

Vicky Critina Barcelona,and Milk are locks. I'm not going to say that Wall-E is a lock in this one,because they never nominate Pixar. The others,we shall see. As for the alternates:The Wrestler and Synecdoche have the best chance at sneaking in. Happy-Go-Lucky might as well,the Golden Globe nomination for In Bruges helped a lot,and Burn After Reading,I sincerely doubt.

Best Adapted Screenplay
Simon Beaufy-Slumdog Millionaire
David S. Goyer,Christopher Nolan,Jonathan Nolan-The Dark Knight
Peter Morgan-Frost/Nixon
Eric Roth-The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
John Patrick Shanely-Doubt

alts.Revolutionary Road,Gommorah,Elegy,Appaloosa

The top 5 seem like the ones to go with. The alternates seem highly unlikely. If I had to choose one for an upset,it would be Revolutionary Road,or Gommorah. And a big surprise would be Elegy. Overall it's not as exciting as the Originals.

I hope these aren't right. Because I'll feel like people will think I'm lying.

没有评论:

博客归档