
Yesterday I saw The Wrestler starring: Mickey Rourke,Marisa Tomei,Evan Rachel Wood,and some real-life wrestlers.It was written by Robert D. Siegel and directed by Darren Aronofsky.
The movie was about a washed-up wrestler,named Randy "The Ram" Robinson (Mickey Rourke,who really made this movie). Back in the 80's he was like,Hulk Hogan,but now he wrestles for an independent circuit. During these times he begins a relationship with a stripper named Cassidy (Marisa Tomei,who is fantastic in this film) And He tries to rekindle his relationship with his estanged daughter,Stephanie (play by a,not as good,but still charming,Evan Rachel Wood). He ets offered a rematch,with his rival,but may not make it out alive.
Mickey Rourke is one of the greatest thing about this movie. He's very convoncing in the role. And Maisa Tomei is almost equally as brilliant in it. Evan Rachel Wood,kind of got on my nerves a little,but she was pretty good in it. She didn't bring the movie down. I liked how they casted real wrestlers in it. It was really awesome to see some familiar faces. I used to watch wrestling while I was growing up. I really stopped back in 2002,but I check in on it every once in a while. The movie used a lot of gritty realism,which was great,and that's a reason why I love Darren Aronofsky. I think he could get a Best Director nomination at the Oscars. But I highly reccomend this movie. It's one of the best films of the year.
5 out of 5
没有评论:
发表评论