I don’t think that there is a person one that likes to change.
Dirty Diapers….nope!
Cat Litter…Definitely not!
I have a good friend who is a counselor tell me that if a person wants to solve a problem they need to first look at themselves first. They look at the problem like a big circle and try and crack the outside and work inward. When actually the best way is to start at the center and work outward.
Funny thing is, he tells me, it rarely if ever works.� They want to take big issues like abortion and drugs and poverty and start on the outside of the issue and work inward.� The problem is…..not only does it rarely work…it usually discourages…disappoints and eventually defeats a person.
In college I had a classmate that was a fire jumper…you know…one of those guys that work in a forest fire and get dropped from a plane into the fire to try and help put it out.� One day over lunch…he told me that his job was pretty minor when it came to the big picture…the important thing in solving the problem of a forest fire was the slurry bombers…you know…the big planes that drop the stuff on to the center point of the fire.� His job then is more clean up he explained.
Here is the point I am trying to make.� We all have these big aspirations about big issues…abortion, same sex marriage, creationism being taught in school…I mean if I could take an hour or two I could go on forever and still miss something…and we can propose how to solve something….and still not accomplish anything.� We don’t want to try and determine where the center of the issue is.� The questions we need to ask are, “What is one thing I can do right now to make a difference? and What is the real problem?”
When we start looking at things that way then we begin to see things differently and at least for me…it becomes less about me and more about other people and what it is they are going through.
没有评论:
发表评论